Produce Team Leader
|Location:||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Salary Range:||Please submit wage requirement with resume|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision for all full-time employees|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Any person working in or applying for the above position possess the following characteristics:|
1. A Willingness To:
• Report to work rested and ready to work with professional, clean dress and a positive attitude.
• Report for work on time for assigned shift
• Lead in a fun, team oriented work environment
• Greet customers upon entry to the store in a cordial and appropriate manner.
• Provide immediate and excellent customer service.
• Expert knowledge of fruits, vegetables, and growing seasons and sharing this expertise with customers.
• Work up to a maximum of 8-10 hours per day
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without a break.
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 65 pounds unassisted.
• Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds unassisted.
• Move boxes that weigh up to 60 pounds many times throughout the day
2. Specific Duties:
• Set the standard for excellent customer service
• Counsel and lead team members to achieve store quality standards
• Responsible for all aspects of training for produce Team Members
• Mentor team members and maintain high department morale
• Provide DAILY feedback to all produce staff
• Perform team member annual reviews
• Prioritize & delegate when many tasks need to be accomplished at the same time
• Identify when work items are of an urgent nature and work at a pace that will get them completed quickly.
• Communicate with produce team on a daily basis
• Communicate product quality issues with buyer on a daily basis
• Maintain accurate pricing and signage
• Perform 2 hands on quality walks of all areas of the department daily
• Keep shelves clean, rotated, and stocked.
• Use salesmanship to sell the best tasting products of the season to our customers.
• Assist with product demonstrations and sampling.
• Maintain food safety, handling & storage standards
The successful candidate for this position must be detail oriented and be willing to work 40 hrs per week. This candidate should be available to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings, or evenings. Candidates for this position must be drug free.
The Produce Station offers paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401-K plan after a prescribed period. Employees are also eligible for discounts on purchases made at our store.
How to Apply for the Job:
1. Complete online application at:
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.